Sunday, January 3, 2010

Dreaming of New Mexico from Toronto?

Okay, so this was suppose to be another thunderhead cloud in a series of original acrylic summer cloud paintings I have in my mind's eye and in an ACEO format. Well, I worked that &%^$(@! but there was no way in God's green earth that it was going to be what I wanted it to be. I was so upset. I wondered what in the hell I was doing?! I wasn't an artist!? Who was I fooling?! It was 2:00 am and I just left it. I would return to fight another day.


Back to the board the next day and I just decided to let this be what it wanted to be. I followed the brush strokes, responding to the image being made before me. Then I realized, "Oh My God! It's a mountain!" Maybe it had something to do with just discovering Bobb Ross and his mastery of mountains with the knife (say what you will about Mr. Ross but he can make magnificent mountains with a painting knife) and a newly discovered, ever-deepening yearning to go to New Mexico.


I stood up and was amazed. Some of the freshest, best brushwork I have ever done and the colors and yes, it IS New Mexico! *big sigh*


I include with this post a link to a interesting article on New Mexico I came across earlier. Enjoy! I know I sure did!
http://www.guardian.co.uk/travel/2006/mar/19/unitedstates.culturaltrips.restandrelaxation

No comments:

Post a Comment