Wednesday, January 20, 2010

This is the way it actually ended up...



Well I decided to reduce the pupil size on the big horn sheep here so it didn't remind of those super creepy 1920's cartoons AND it didn't look like he was on the trip of his life anymore.

I wanted this image to evoke the feeling at having come to a certain stage, or mountain top, in one's life and really being a little amazed and terrified all at the same time. I had wanted to make a special card for a dear friend of mine and decided to do an ACEO painting and attach it to the card. The interior of the card reads "you're not a "kid" anymore" and yes, it's a groaner of a pun and was intended to be :)

I like this ACEO birthday card thing. I may do more. I'll see how it goes. It's time consuming but I like the results. By the way, this image was done in watercolors, mostly Winsor Newton and fixed with Lascaux fixative (the best by the way).



2 comments:

  1. Awesome work!! You totally captured the look of amazed and terrified. I love the Pun! It works so well with this watercolor card of this comical sheep!
    Thanks for the chuckle!!

    ReplyDelete