Monday, January 11, 2010

Watercolors are awesome!


I haven't used watercolors for many, many years but yesterday I wanted to do an ACEO original piece of art for a good friend's birthday. His eastern astrological sign is the ram and I kind of rib him about it now and then. So, for his turn of the decade birthday, I did this illustration/watercolor and I was just amazed with the quality of the light and color! The yellow is raw sienna, one of my favorite earth colors as it is so luminescent. I am wondering about the eyes though. Are they too startled? Hmmm, I'm going to have to look at this in the daylight and with sharp eyes and working on these pieces sure strain my them. Time for the ole magnifier lamp. Better buy a cane and hearing aid while I'm at it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment