Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Air Canada says NO to pets this summer


I just found out, today, after I had already made all the arrangements to visit my Mom in long term care and bring her cat with me that Air Canada has a flight embargo against travelling with your pets after June 20th. Yep, that's right, if you want to take your pet with you on summer holidays or need to transport any animal for any reason that has to go cargo well you just can't do it after June 20th. They say it's because it is too hot in the cargo area for the pet's comfort. I think what they mean is that they are too cheap to air condition it so tough crap for you Joe or Jane traveller.

This isn't new. Air Canada had decided a short while back that they weren't going to take any animals any more period. Well Canadian citizens said, "Oh yeah?!  Well screw you Milty, we're going over to Westjet". And guess what? Ole Milty, the C.E.O and Grand Poobah of Air Canada had a change of heart and animals were once again allowed on board.

Westjet is still the better carrier these days as it costs half of what it costs to take your pet on Air Canada. My problem is that where I am going there are no direct flights with Westjet and what should be a 3 hour trip takes about 9.

So incase any of you thought that you could just take your pet with your this summer and add them onto your ticket with Air Canada you had better check out the dates on that travel ban. After hours of planning I am now back at square one and have to redo all my plans. Grrrrrrrr.



No comments:

Post a Comment