Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Am I the Only One in Love with the Moon?


Every now and then I just have to paint her. The moon. This year there was what was called a super harvest moon. I gazed up upon her from my 19th floor balcony. She was spectacular! Big, bright, beautiful.

So in honour of her I again, paint her,  a 4" x 6" oil on canvas board titled "Moon Mountain Water". She is such a part of a woman's life. Think of it. Our cycles use to be set by her before the days of electricity. She is the Yin to the Sun's Yang. Think of how different our world would be if we no longer were able to gaze upon her at night, to have her light our way, to rise our tides. What a dark world it would truly be without her to warm our nights. The sun may be the super star of the day, but the moon rules with a loving hand, the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment