Friday, October 1, 2010

Oh NO it SOLD!


I was just informed that my little original acrylic "Dreaming of New Mexico" sold today and I can't believe it made me cry? Yep, just a little bit. I guess I was expecting to have my dream come home, but, I then thought that it was my dream taking flight - that someone else had seen in it what I poured into that little painting, a dream, a desire, a hope and that realization made me smile.

I'll miss her BUT I am happy she is out there now. Another one of my children took flight away from the studio nest today out into the big, beautiful world. God speed little One and may whomever took you home have much joy from your presence. : )

6 comments:

  1. I cry a little bit every time I have to part with a piece of artwork. A small piece of your soul is embedded into your work. This is what makes each piece unique and special, but it's also what makes it a tad painful when you have to part with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? And I thought it was just me. So glad to hear you too have experienced this. Well, it's true, art isn't just an intellectual exercise for me nor you. *passes her a kleenex* Thanks for posting Rebecca : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaaw :)its a lovely piece Gwen! and i'm sure its new owner will love it and appreciate it very very much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely painting in a beautiful well-balanced frame! well, thats what happens to children;)... they fly out to make the world more beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely painting :) I think lots of artists have a hard time letting artwork go that is of sentimental value. I understand. You wanted it to sell, but its very close to your heart and you put alot into it. You just hope the person that bought it appreciates it as much as you do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is Gwen here. For some reason my blog is only letting me post as my other website identity, Healinghuesart, where I would LOVE you all to join if you would like : )

    There is quite a story behind who bought this and what happened afterwards. I will have to get the permission of the buyer to repeat it. There is a very deep mystical aspect. I will let you know if I can. Thank you all, so much for your kind words.

    ReplyDelete