Wednesday, October 20, 2010

REVEALED the "Reason between Passion"!



Here she is in all her glory, the beautiful original acrylic triptych "Reason between Passion"! 
Each panel is 10" x 10" so the paintings are ten inches high and thirty inches across. This triptych can't help but be the center piece of any room but I see it doing especially well above a fireplace (to match it's glow) or mantle, or, God forbid, behind the couch! Yes, I am more than happy to have my art match the sofa if that is what the viewer is looking for. This piece though...my oh my, she will make a star out of any room!


Viewed from right to left, here the sun is behind me as I shoot. You can see the richness of the colours, the variety of shades of each hue. They have depth, luminosity and brilliance!

Here's a closer look at the red "Passion" and yellow "Reason". 
Note how brilliant the colors are, how they sing out from their backgrounds, the red has deeper reds, and varying depths of dark crimsons around it to set it off. They yellow has deepening golds, orange ochres and burnt umbers to push forward the yellow. It has a clarifying effect on the mind and a mediating effect between the red and green which are natural complements and might fight for dominance if just the two were left. The yellow is the unifier of the series.

And the now refreshing green, to cool the fire of the red and balance it. The green heart passion panel has both warm and cool greens so it refreshes as well as stabilizes. It's representative of the green heart chakra passion.

Now I shoot if from left to right, with the sun to my right (that is why you can see some glare but I shot it this way on purpose so you can see the iridescence at work). The iridescent parts of the painting are revealed, which is over the large maple leaf of each panel. As you move around the painting it's colours shift from saturated brilliance to iridescent luminescence. 

 Here is a close up of the red - the primal passion...

      Then the middle panel of yellow - the reason between them...

and the last panel of green - the heart love passion.

And there it is my friends! Yes, it was a lot of work but well worth it. No leaves were harmed in the making of these paintings! I used what the trees released and when the leaves are gone then I am done these series of paintings. These pieces would look FANTASTIC in black floater frames so that is what I am going to do with them. However, if someone wants to vie for them without frames that can be done as well at this point. Just let me know.

Okay, have a great day people! I know I'll be dreaming of rich reds, bright yellows and sweet greens tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment