Thursday, December 16, 2010

For the Love of Good Cousins


I just got back from my annual pilgrimage to visit my Mom. It includes a stop-over at my cousin's as my flights never link up and it always takes two days to get there. Anyway, these cousin's of mine are absolutely stellar people. They have to drive clear across the whole city to pick me up at the airport and take me back there the next day and they make me feel so absolutely comfortable it's truly like a home away from home.

I found out my cousin LOVES palm trees and I decided to do this original acrylic painting (painted on gessoed illustration board) in a format that would fit the frame she had bought for the photos she had taken while in Hawaii but didn't turn out. Soooo, I decided to surprise her and whip this up and mail it to her before Christmas. I just have to varnish it and it's good to go.

I really wish I could have painted this on location!

2 comments:

  1. It is a beautiful piece. Great job. I am sure she will LOVE it!

    MELE KALIKIMAKA from Hawaii!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I have never been to Hawaii but it looks like SUCH a beautiful and amazing place! Thanks for stopping by : )

    ReplyDelete