Monday, July 18, 2011

Back on Track and Another One Hour Oil Painting!

"Nobleton Daisies" 5" x 7" oil on canvas panel
The dust is settling and I got back in the saddle to do more APAD (a painting a day) one hour oil paintings. I felt in the mood for daisies so pulled up some reference shots and put down what you see here. I must say, it's not what I thought I'd do, it's not what I wanted to do, but I had to stay true to what the painting wanted to be. So here it is. One of my friends was very taken by it and said "You HAVE to do that as a large painting!" "Funny," I said "Forty minutes into it I hated it and was going to chuck it aside, but, I knew I had to follow through and just be true to what that painting wanted to be, not what I wanted it to be". In the end, I am glad I did.

So here it is, for you daisy lovers out there. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment