Sunday, July 3, 2011

Beautiful Summer Oranges, Sky Blues

My muse, summer oranges.
I tried to want to paint something else, but all I could see, could feel, were summer oranges, sky blues and greens. So the day's Painting of the Day - Summer oranges! I swear when I started to paint this (from photo reference) I could SMELL oranges. It was a strange yet most pleasant experience. The scent gradually faded as I continued to work. But how wonderful!

This is my latest painting for my ongoing painting challenge "A Painting a Day - executed in an hour" series. I believe this is number four. Number five is waiting outside. I saw several paintings on my walk yesterday so out I go to capture them before the sun goes down or it starts to storm. Check back tomorrow to see what it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment