Thursday, July 28, 2011

NEW! APAD challenge "A Bit of Begonia" on Auction Now!

Click to Bid!
The painting challenge was to do a painting of Nature, working on location, using only the colours ultramarine blue, cadmium yellow light or medium, cadmium red, and use only white in the cools (for shadows or distant foliage, hills, etc.), use only 3 brush sizes, only soft edges, paint from dark to light, saving the small brush to do just highlights, complete the painting in an hour. I think that was it. Well I managed to do all the parameters except not using white in the flower itself. There was just no way I was going to butcher this lovely, delicate, salmon/pink/cream yellow begonia with just cad yellow and red. It would have looked hideous!
I didn't have much to select from as most of my balcony flowers were burned, dried up and dropped off due to that prolonged heat wave we had but surprisingly the begonias kept going strong. I am really happy with how this little dittie turned out. Nothing like a challenge to get the creative juices flowing - either that or the fear of complete failure! Hah!

No comments:

Post a Comment