Friday, March 30, 2012

Part Two of When The Whisper Becomes Reality - the Colour Study!

The next step, taking the sketch to a small painted study
on board measuring 3 1/4" x 5 1/8".

The second step from taking a whisper in my mind to tangible form was to paint a larger study from that little sketch I did over 2 years ago. Those sketches are like little seeds that may lay dormant for days or years but eventually, when the time is right, they grow into adulthood. This is the next step in that growth. 

I decided to use acrylics as I wanted the image to be very colourful, very alive! The colour palette is a split-complementary one using red-violet, blues, and green-blues. The moon is actually white with light blue-green in it which will make it vibrate a little more. 
I am really excited to go to the final now. Stay tuned, won't be long now!

No comments:

Post a Comment