Saturday, July 28, 2012

NEW! Commissioned Oil Painting Completed!


Just finished this commissioned oil panting - ACEO sized (at 3 1/2" x 2 1/2") and it's of three pears on my vintage red table. I was contacted through my Etsy shop http://www.etsy.com/shop/GwensArtDreamscape. I actually had done an earlier painting of the same subject matter back in 2009 (which sold). A lovely woman contacted me and wanted to know if I would do another. I have prints of it for sale but she wanted an original painting and an original painting is ALWAYS better than a reproduction no matter what ANYONE tells you. If the artist is using professional grade artist materials (which I do) then it will outlive all of us and several generations after that and stay colour true. As long as it is technically sound, it will last and last.

Even though my artistic adventure is leading me down the exciting road of abstract expressionism, getting back to basics - doing Realism - is always a good thing to do. Most artists start and train in Realism, hone their skills and then go from there. Currently there is a resurgence in Realism and I couldn't be happier for that. Any good artist knows, you have to get down the basics, and be good at them, to do any further work of significance.

No comments:

Post a Comment