Tuesday, July 17, 2012

SOLD! Two of Three Oil Paintings at the Pennsylvania Moss Rehab International Juried Art Exhibition

Guess which oil paintings sold?

Well, I was totally surprised by a package that was dropped off with my superintendent today. I had no clue what I had ordered that was waiting for me in his office. Not until I got the package and saw the return address did it finally dawn on me - it was from the Moss Rehab International Art Show and Sale that I had accepted three oil paintings of mine and was, or rather, had been held in Philadelphia, PA.
The box though was smaller and lighter than the one I had shipped out.

I got right to opening it and just one painting was inside. I was really glad! Lol! Let's be honest, it's great to have your work accepted into a JURIED International show but I have bills to pay and to ship these pieces cost A LOT of money. So I basically covered my cost and maybe get a small bag of groceries out of the deal. I am grateful for that. It costs a lot of money to be a visual artist; quality art materials, shipping materials, packaging and freight costs. Sometimes, yes, sometimes I wonder if it's all worth it.

And then, I get this news. And yes, it enables me to exhale a slight sigh of relief and feel a bit renewed in my artistic enterprise as the joy I usually held for it had been waning because of various stressors. So, with this, it helps. Yes artists do the work because we have to but it's nice when the universe acknowledges us and helps us out a bit. We aren't islands.

So which pieces did you guess? Well it's the red umbrella cat and the portrait. Yes, the portrait - I had almost forgot about it?! It's such a beautiful piece and I am sure glad that someone will now be hanging it somewhere that they will get to admire it's smoky presence. And the red umbrella and cat, well, that one was going to sell asap - I could feel it. It's earth-pulsing red and there's a cat in it. Sold! Lol!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations!!All artist's know that delicious moment of joy when you've sold something...and you sold two...and they were all in a juried show!! So awesome!

    ReplyDelete