Tuesday, January 1, 2013

NEW Painting for a NEW Year 2013!


"Insomnia Upside Down" 24" x 20" Acrylic Abstract on stretched canvas, artist Gwen Duda © 2013
To purchase click here.

I haven't been able to paint for months. My lower back had a complete meltdown and I was crippled with pain so bad I couldn't sit, bend or even walk. Things were bad folks, very bad. But today I went into the studio, frustrated at my ever increasing insomnia and just said **%$#^ it! If I can't sleep, I'll paint! And wallah, I started this painting at 9:30 am this morning and finished it around 12:30 pm with needed touch ups and varnishing. Yeah, I know, pretty damned good. I am most pleased.

So in spite of pain and insomnia I actually was able to paint and because I have been doing this for most of my life I have gotten to a skill level that when things work, they really work. I am most grateful. In fact, very, very grateful. I hope this is a great sign of great things to come this year. God knows, it would be most welcome.

Happy New Year all you art lovers out there! Happy New Year, indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment